53% of job applications contain false information.1 An employment verification may uncover discrepancies in your applicant’s work history. We can give you confidence that you’re making good choices when hiring.
You might be surprised at the amount of lying that happens on resumes. Consider these stats2:
- 57% embellish their skills
- 42% lie about dates of employment
- 34% lie about their job title
- 33% lie about their academic degree
Employment verification highlight bad resume data and choosing a partner makes this process easier.
How does CredentialCheck verify employment?
Our employment verification team contacts the designated verification source at the employers provided by your applicant. We speak with the company’s HR or payroll team to verify the information listed on the application.
What information does CredentialCheck verify?
When CredentialCheck completes an employment history check, we examine:
- Dates of employment
- Job title
- Reason for leaving
- Eligibility for rehire
- Salary (state dependent)
These are items that applicants may embellish in hopes of getting the job or better pay. If the applicant has lied about their employment experience, this background check will reveal the truth.
Differences between the information they provided and the truth will be noted on the report provided.
Custom verifications with specific requirements are available upon request.
Why choose a partner for employment verification?
- Reduce risk: Employment verification reduces the risk that you will hire an employee who doesn’t have the skills for the job. It also reduces the risk of introducing somebody with poor character to your workplace.
- Hire faster: Reduce the amount of time your own staff spends trying to verify employment. Choosing CredentialCheck lowers your cost. And it lowers the amount of time it takes to complete a background check.
- Save money: Hiring the wrong candidate is costly. If a candidate can’t truly do the job, then you risk costly mistakes that may hurt your customers. Verification also reduces cost in the amount of time you spend on each applicant.
Start verifying employment history for your applicants
This is one of the many background check services that CredentialCheck offers. Choose us as your partner for better screening and better hiring. Contact us to get started.