Department: Business Development
Location: Work from Home
Responsible for the overall performance, growth, and accuracy of new business sold by the business development team. Works closely with the Business Impact Analyst to ensure a continuous stream of new business into the organization, meeting or exceeding the company’s annual corporate strategic business plan sales goal. Overall leadership and motivation of the Business Development team.
- Provide day-to-day leadership, system tracking, and document support to the business development department to encourage maximum performance and productivity.
- Complete, track, and monitor all RFPs with accurate documentation that the company receives.
- Responsible for lead dissemination and accurate tracking of leads.
- Ensure that each team member and the business development team in aggregate meet or exceed the booked revenue goal (monthly, quarterly, and annually) as defined in our budget and strategic business plan.
- Daily/weekly review of department metrics to drive new and existing client growth.
- Manage all leads, assignment, tracking, and follow-up to ensure highest possible close ratio.
- Review weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports for accuracy and discuss reports with each BD team member to understand and confirm accuracy of deal flow, pipeline movement, close potential, booked revenue estimates, and billable revenue ramping.
- Identify opportunities for email campaigns, conference attendance, and other channels that will lead to an increase in sales. Assign various events to the team for brand presence and opportunities that directly generate leads including, but not limited to, SHRM chapter meetings and human resource conferences.
- Create a collaborative environment to share sales techniques, provide individual encouragement, and really celebrate wins.
- Continued professional development through ongoing training and education.
- College degree or relevant experience within the business-to-business services sector preferred.
- One to three years managing a team and holding them accountable to metrics.
- Ability to work with and maintain confidential information.
- Ability to prioritize tasks to complete assignments within established timeframes.
- Ability to understand and direct the flow of data into various computer programs including, but not limited to, Microsoft Office Suite – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint, Dynamics 365, Zoom and DocuSign.
- Use of logical reasoning skills.
- Ability to adapt to ongoing change.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in work.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Professional and cooperative relationships with all clients, suppliers, and team members of the company.
- Ability to read, legibly write, speak, hear and comprehend the English language.
- We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any characteristic protected by law.